Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/21/d181465893/htdocs/atoutconso/forums/include/functions.php on line 47

Sujet : Lions to renovate Ford Field with hope o

The Detroit area has hosted the Super Bowl twice. The Lions hope to make it a hat trick in Hockeytown.The Lions unveiled plans Wednesday for a $100 million renovation to Ford Field. Team president Rod Wood told reporters the city and the stadium are ready for another Super Bowl."Were at the very beginnings of trying to work with some of our partners in the city to form a commi sion that could focus on bringing things to the  Dennis Pitta Jersey city of Detroit, Wood said, via the Detroit Free Pre s. "I think with the activity downtown, just think back to when we had the Super Bowl here 11 years ago, 12 years ago now, whats happened in the city since then, and with what were going to do with the stadium. I cant promise that well get another Super Bowl, but I  Jarell Broxton Jersey certainly think the stadium is ready for it."MORE: Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles awarded Super BowlsWood added the Lions have "expre sed an interest in bidding on the next round" when the NFL opens up bidding for future Super Bowls next fall.The Lions willaddtwo new Daktronics video boards in each end zone of Ford Field, completeinstallation of a new sound system, renovate the suite and club seat areas and redesign club space on the concourse."It's going to be a great new Ford Field when we are done," Wood said in a video posted at newfordfield.com.Ford Field, which opened in 2002, hosted the Super Bowl following the 2005 season when the Steelers beat the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. The  Joe Flacco Jersey Pontiac Silverdome hosted Super Bowl Ryan Mallett Jersey  XVI when the 49ers beat the Bengals.The NFL has gotten into the habit of rewarding teams with new stadiums and renovations. Super Bowl LII will be played next year in Minnesota's brand new U.S. Bank Stadium. That will be followed bySuper Bowl LIII at Atlanta's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which will open this fall,Super Bowl LIV at Miami's newly renovated Hard Rock Stadium, and Super Bowl LV at the Rams' yet-to-be-named venue in the Los Angeles suburb of Inglewood.